For Automated Extraction of Genomic DNA from Tissue, FFPE Tissue and Forensic Samples
MagCore®Genomic DNA Tissue Kit is designed for purification of total DNA (including genomic, mitochondrial and viral DNA) from a variety of animal tissues or cells by using MagCore® auto-extraction instrument. The provided Filter Column can filtrate hard tissue sample or swab sample to prevent tissue residues to obstruct pipette tip during the process of MagCore® . The method uses pre-filled cartridge contains proteinase K and a chaotropic salt to lysis cells and degrade protein. DNA will bind to cellulose coated magnetic beads . After washing off the contaminants, the purified DNA is eluted by low salt elution buffer. Purified DNA of approximately 20-30 kb in length is suitable for PCR or other enzymatic reactions.
Code 401 MagCore® Genomic DNA Tissue Kit
- Consistent and reproducible results
- Cartridges are pre-filled and sealed to prevent contamination
- Minimal manual pipetting, complete automatic procedure from cell lysis to elution
MagCore® automated extraction systems allow processing multiple sample types in the same run, including:
- Animal Tissues: Solid animal tissue, Stool samples
- Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues samples
- Cultured Yeast samples
- Forensics samples: Dried blood spot, Saliva stain, Swab, Cigarette butts, Hair roots, Chewing gum, Animal feed, Soil and Betel nut residue
Purified DNA available for direct usage in downstream applications, such as:
- PCR and real-time quantitative PCR
- Southern Blot
- Next Generation Sequencing
401-01Figure 1. Genomic DNA was purified from 10mg of mice tissue samples and 0.25cm tail.
401-02Figure 2. Genomic DNA from 10mg of various animal tissues were extracted by the MagCore®401 Genomic DNA Tissue Kit. DNA was eluted in 60 µL and quantitated using Nanodrop n-1000.
401-03Figure 3. Agarose gel electrophoresis of the various animal tissue DNA was isolated from MagCore® automated extraction. Lane M: RBC 1 kb DNA ladder Marker; Lane 1: Rat kidney; Lane 2: Rat liver; Lane 3-4: Pork liver; Lane 5-6: Fish tissue.
|MagCore® Plus II/Super/HF16 Plus|
|Cartridge Code||36 Preps||72 Preps||Running Time|
|Cat No.||Cat No.|
|401||MGT-01||MGT-03||33 mins (sample volume: 400µl)|
|*Optical detection not provided|
|Components Available for Purchase|
|Proteinase K Set||PK011||11 mg Proteinase K, 1.25 ml PK Storage Buffer|
|RNase A||RN050||50µl RNase A (50mg/ml)|
|RN130||130µl RNase A (51mg/ml)|